Marketing Through Instagram
With over 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram is the ideal medium for reaching a large audience. Instagram is the second most popular social network after Facebook, with users spending an average of 53 minutes per day on the platform.
Instagram makes it easier to keep in touch with clients and prospects. People appreciate connecting with companies through this platform — 90% of Instagram users follow at least one firm. Another factor to consider is Instagram's ability to accelerate sales. According to a Facebook study conducted in 2020, more than 70 percent of those who saw a brand on Instagram accessed its website or app. Almost 50 percent of those polled said they bought anything from a brand, either online or in person.
In order to use Instagram for marketing purposes, one must know the ideal time to post on it. When is the most effective time to post anything on Instagram in 2022 to increase social media engagement? And when it comes to getting the most likes, what day of the week is the best? Who has received the most feedback? Continue reading to learn the universal best time to post on Instagram that appears to work for everyone — as well as how to uncover your brand's own, unique best times to post (because all businesses and audiences are unique).
Is there a specific time when you should post on Instagram?
Before diving deep into our topic- 'Most effective time to post anything on Instagram in 2022 to increase the social media engagement', let's find out whether there is a specific time to post on Instagram or not. Because each company caters to a unique demographic with unique social media activity patterns, each brand may have a somewhat different sweet spot for publishing on Instagram. However, there are several best practices you may follow that consistently provide excellent outcomes.
Because the Instagram algorithm promotes recency, publishing while your followers are online is essential. If all other factors are equal, a fresher post will appear higher in the newsfeed than an older one.
When it comes to optimizing a post for success, recency is one of the quickest and easiest gains. (However, if you're interested, we have numerous more methods on how to earn free Instagram likes.)
But it's also crucial to understand what your Instagram marketing strategy's specific objectives are. Do you have specific goals in mind for increasing awareness, increasing engagement, or increasing traffic? What does success mean to you, and when have you seen your postings accomplish it in the past? In general, your prior accomplishments are a good indicator of when you should post.
The ideal time to post on Instagram in general
To find the worldwide ideal time to post on Instagram, we used data from analyzing over 30,000 Instagram posts from companies of all sizes, as well as our own social team's observations and trials publishing to a 200k-follower audience.
10-12 AM Midweek (Wednesdays & Thursdays Mostly)
We discovered that Instagram users are most likely to interact with content throughout the middle of the day and on weekdays. That makes sense — it's the perfect time to relax after a long day at work or school by perusing the internet. (As well as like.) (As well as commenting.) Weekends are often less active. We believe this is because people are out and about doing things in the real world rather than looking through Instagram on their phones.
Here's a breakdown of the most ideal times to post throughout the week-
- Monday: 12:00 PM is the optimum time to post on Instagram. The majority of Instagrammers appear to enjoy starting their week off strong at work, but by noon, they're seeking a break on their Instagram feeds.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. is the optimum time to post on Instagram. Early in the morning, between 8 & 10 a.m., engagement is also high, although it peaks at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. is the optimum time to post on Instagram. Wednesday appears to be the most active day for accounts in general.
- Thursday: 12:00 PM is the best time to post on Instagram. On any weekday, the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. are ideal for engagement.
- Friday: the ideal time to post on Instagram is at 2:00 p.m., while engagement is fairly consistent throughout the morning and lunch hour, from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. is the optimal time to post on Instagram before people begin their offline weekend plans.
- Sunday: The ideal time to post on Instagram is at 7:00 p.m., but engagement is fairly consistent throughout the afternoon and evening, from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Plan your posts by organizing a calendar
- To assist you in strategizing, here are some critical Instagram statistics, benchmarks, and demographics:
- Businesses average 1 post per day to their feeds.
- A post from a business account has an average interaction rate of 0.96 percent.
- Each platform visit lasts around 6 minutes and 40 seconds (minimum).
- In 2022, people spent 33-35 minutes a day using Instagram (up from 30 minutes per day in 2020)
- 63 percent of American Instagram users check the app at least once each day, and 42 percent check it multiple times per day.
Effective Time To Upload Instagram Reels
Posting Reels at any time of day is a no-brainer if you want to increase your Instagram followers and engagement. Reels can garner up to 3 times more engagement than standard Instagram videos, as per many reports.
Ascertain the ideal time to post on Instagram with these tips
- Examine your best-performing posts: To begin, evaluate the type of performance you want to achieve: brand recognition or engagement. Depending on which of these is more important to you, how you time your Instagram posts may differ. Which of your previous blogs received the most views? When did you make these posts public? And how do these posts differ from those that receive likes? You can use Instagram business to keep track of your previous performances.
- Check out what your competition is doing: You can expect your competitors to try various permutations & combinations while posting to achieve the desired results. Keep an eye on what's working for audiences in your sector with social listening (or even a full social competitive analysis). Tip- Because many businesses post at 8:00 a.m., consider posting a few minutes earlier or later to avoid competing for limited shelf space.
- Post as per your audience's time zone: In case your target audience's time zone differs from your own time zone, try posting keeping in mind when will your target audience base be comfortable reading your post. Remember, For instance, the ideal time to post on Wednesday is 11 AM. Imagine if you are living in India but your audience is based in the USA, then the ideal time for you to post would be 7:30 pm IST.
- Post frequently & consistently: It's critical to be systematic about your posting if you want to get the full benefits of all this audience data. While you won't see a dramatic increase by posting a few hours sooner every now and then, consistently utilizing the data will shift the needle over time. It's a vicious circle: your audience becomes accustomed to seeing your brand on their feed, like your content, and engages with it. Showing up on Instagram on a regular basis builds credibility, trust, and a meaningful relationship.
- Optimize your Instagram posts: Yes, optimizing your Instagram posts for success necessitates a significant amount of effort—it entails far more than simply selecting the appropriate filter. One of the simplest methods to ensure your content reaches the right individuals is to analyze the data once a quarter to decide the ideal time to post. (It's certainly easier than improving your videography or writing skills, though both are highly recommended.)
Using these tips, you can increase your presence on Instagram by a significant margin. You can also learn about the effective time to post on other social media platforms here.