eCommerce Industry Growth: The Indian e-commerce market is anticipated to grow by 21.5% in 2022 and reach USD 74.8 billion. E-commerce has revolutionized how businesses operate in India. From USD 46.2 billion in 2020, the Indian e-commerce market is projected to expand to USD 188 billion by 2025.
It is anticipated to reach USD 350 billion by 2030. India's e-commerce sector is anticipated to grow to USD 111 billion and USD 200 billion by 2024 and 2026, respectively. The industry's growth is primarily due to an increase in internet and smartphone usage.
The "Digital India" campaign led to a considerable increase in internet connections in 2021, reaching 830 million. One of the most common types of online stores or eCommerce websites is Fashion stores or websites.
In the Fashion category, clothing is one of the most highly considered sub-categories that many companies look to make websites of. In this piece, we will discuss how to create a cloth website to sell clothes online. In simple words, we will discuss how to start an online clothing store in 2022.
Table of Contents
2. Whether To Sell Clothes Online Or Offline?
3. How to Start an Online Clothing Store in 2022?
5. Select Your Vendors/Suppliers
6. Purchase & Register a Domain
7. Buy an eCommerce Website Builder Plan
8. Add Products To Your Online Clothing Store
10. Create a Sound Pricing Strategy
11. Create a Marketing Strategy To Promote Your Clothing Store Online
12. Provide Top-Notch & Quick Customer Service
Whether To Sell Clothes Online Or Offline?
Comparing online and offline clothing sales, you will enjoy various benefits considering online way. Before opening an online apparel store, each of them needs to be estimated. Let's examine a few of them:
- Low operational & setup costs: Online retail has a lower entry barrier than brick-and-mortar retail because it doesn't need to maintain a physical inventory, pay rent for a real facility, or hire salespeople.
- Convenient to the customers: Online shoppers like the convenience of being able to purchase goods without leaving their homes or offices.
- 24x7 operational: Online stores don't need to take breaks for lunch or other breaks because e-commerce websites are open 24/7, unlike physical stores.
- Customer Tracking: Online sellers can monitor and analyze customer interactions with their e-commerce store across several platforms.
As we previously stated, choosing a clothing niche is the first step in building a profitable sell clothes online company. If you are wondering how to create a cloth website, do not become anxious if you have never done it before.
How to Start an Online Clothing Store in 2022?
We'll explain how to properly launch an online clothing store to sell clothes online.
Choose Your Niche
Your future business plan, your target market, and how you position your online store will all be directly impacted by your choice of apparel specialization. Selecting a specialty is a crucial first step for that.
Tick the following points before you decide on your niche:
Given how fiercely competitive the online cloth business is, your online clothes store needs to stand out from the competition.
You should choose a clothing specialty for which you have a passion before launching an online clothes business.
The future topic you choose should also be profitable for your online business and in high demand.
The most important factors that will determine the success of your clothing line include:
- Target Customer Base: You must consider your target audience. They, who? What age range do they fall under? What gender are they? What do they find interesting? You will find it simpler to select a specialization once you have the answers to these questions.
- Profitability: You need to think about how much money your selected specialization will bring in. Can you generate a healthy profit by selling goods in this market?
- Competition: Find out what kinds of things your rivals are selling by conducting a thorough analysis of them. This will give you an overview of what products are currently on the market and assist you in selecting a niche with little to no competition.
- Your own preference: It's crucial to choose a niche you are enthusiastic about. By doing so, you will be able to establish a relationship with your clients and grow your company.
Select Your Vendors/Suppliers
You can either contact wholesalers or manufacturers to fulfill your requirements:
- Wholesalers: Companies known as wholesalers are those who buy goods in bulk from manufacturers and then resell them to retailers at a lower price. You can purchase goods from wholesalers as an internet merchant and then resell them for more money.
- Manufacturers/Products: These are the businesses that create and manufacture apparel. You can either purchase their goods from them or have them produced in accordance with your own designs.
The following factors must be kept in mind while making a choice between suppliers:
- Cost: You must look for suppliers who can offer you goods at a price that is reasonable. By doing this, you'll be able to sell them for more money and turn a profit.
- Quality: If you want to sell clothes online, You must ensure that the goods you are offering are high-quality and fulfill your client's expectations.
- Delivery Duration: Verify that the suppliers you are working with have the ability to deliver goods on time. This is crucial because if clients must wait too long for their orders, it will severely affect your business.
Purchase & Register a Domain
The next step is to pick and register a domain name once you have chosen your specialization and a provider. It is the online location of your website. Because consumers will use search engines to find your clothing store, you should pick a domain name that is easy to remember.
Also Read- How To Choose The Best Domain Name For Your Website? Explained In 10 Easy Steps | JoonWeb Blog
A domain name can be purchased in two different ways. A website builder of your choice is one approach to getting a domain name. The alternative method is to purchase a domain name from a reputable domain registrar, such as Domain.com, GoDaddy, Hostinger, etc.
Purchasing a domain from a Website builder:
It's quite easy to get a domain with website builders like JoonWeb. In contrast to buying a domain directly from the domain registrar, where you have to perform additional procedures, builders typically have partnerships with domain registrars that significantly shorten the time to purchase a domain.
Buy an eCommerce Website Builder Plan
To start an online clothing store, pick a website builder. An online tool that enables you to design and build your own website is called a website builder. There are numerous website builders available, and it is impossible to say with certainty which one is ideal for you. However, the following aspects will assist you in choosing an appropriate website builder for your online clothing store:
- Your specifications: To start, determine what you need. You should think about the features your apparel website needs and your available budget. When you are clear on your requirements, it will be easier to find the best website builder for your company.
- Adaptability and personalization: Your website should be able to be designed as you like using the platform. Additionally, alternatives for website customization in accordance with the demands of your company should be offered.
- Scalability & Ease Of Use: Your choice of a website builder should be simple to use. To avoid getting stuck in any procedure, use a platform that offers extensive resources like video tutorials and forums. Select a website builder that can expand along with your company. As your company grows, the platform should enable you to add additional features and functionalities.
- Costing: The majority of website builders offer a variety of premium plans with varying features and add-ons. Therefore, choosing a website builder that offers value for your money is crucial.
- Security & Data Protection: Pick a website builder with advanced security measures. This is due to the fact that your website will be used to store sensitive consumer data.
- SEO: A platform with a variety of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools is the one to pick. These qualities will enable your website to rank higher in search engine results, which will increase traffic.
JoonWeb is a made-in-India eCommerce website builder that includes all the above-mentioned features & more. On top of that, JoonWeb is known for providing 24x7 top-notch customer support.
Add Products To Your Online Clothing Store
Adding merchandise to your online clothing store is the sixth stage. It's simple to add products using any eCommerce platform. Include the following details when submitting products to your online clothes store:
- SKU Name & Product Description: The product's name and description should both be keyword-rich and provide them with all the details they require.
- Images & Media: Include stunning images of the product. Make sure the photo is clear and depicts the clothing from several perspectives. You can also add a video of your product if it has a complexity in usage & requires proper understanding.
- SEO Info: Add meta title, description & URL of your product to make sure that is it indexed online
- Features: Dont forget to mention the unique features of your products in order to distinguish them from similar products in the market
Here's how you can learn to create an eCommerce website & add products.
Add Payment Methods
Setting up payment options comes after adding products to your online store. In order to take payments online, you would first need to set up a payment processor on your eCommerce platform. Leading payment gateways enable businesses to accept payments through a variety of channels, including credit/debit cards. Leading payment gateways like Paypal, RazorPay, Paytm, etc offer secure payment gateways and are simple to use. Customers will find it easier to place purchases on your online clothes store if you provide more payment choices
Create a Sound Pricing Strategy
The secret to making sure your store is profitable in the long run is your pricing plan. When developing a pricing plan, there are numerous elements to take into account. A few of the most important ones include:
- The item's price
- the cost of comparable goods
- Target market
- Margin of profit
Maintaining a balance between these aspects is crucial if you want to turn a profit while keeping your prices low. Some companies decide to run sales and discount promotions on their goods. This is a fantastic technique to draw clients and increase revenue. However, you should watch out for over-discounting your products since this will significantly reduce your revenues.
Create a Marketing Strategy To Promote Your Clothing Store Online
You've built a fantastic website, established your shop, and put all of your things there. Now that you're prepared, start selling! But hold on, how will people learn about your store? Marketing becomes important in this situation. You can promote your online clothes company using a variety of marketing strategies. Here are some of the best Marketing strategies that can help you grow your business & attract a large customer base.
Provide Top-Notch & Quick Customer Service
To provide a positive client experience, prompt customer service is necessary. Your objective should be to respond to their questions and grievances as quickly as you can. This will demonstrate to your clients how much you appreciate them and are prepared to go above and beyond to make them happy. To make your apparel website's buying experience more centered on the needs of the consumer, implement the following customer service strategies:
- Integrate chatbots: Using chatbots to deliver effective customer care is a brilliant idea. Common consumer questions can be promptly resolved, round-the-clock. This will free up your team to work on more complicated problems while also saving you a lot of the resources needed to provide customer service.
- Establish a knowledge foundation: A knowledge base is a great approach to giving your consumers the option of self-service. On your website, you can build a FAQ area where you respond to frequently asked questions from visitors. Your customer support team will save a tonne of time by doing this since they won't have to continually respond to the same queries.
- Provide cross-platform client support: Customers expect brands to offer multi-platform customer service in the modern world. This could be done through chat, social media, email, or other channels. To meet the needs of your customers, you should be sure to be present on all widely used platforms. Don't restrict yourself to the tactics mentioned above. You can use your imagination to come up with new and imaginative ways to offer excellent customer service.
Now we have explained how to start an online clothing store and how to launch your own online clothing store in easy steps. We sincerely hope that this tutorial has been beneficial and has given you the courage to jump in and launch your own business. A lot of time, effort, and attention are required to launch an internet store. But in the end, it will be worthwhile! What are you still holding out for? Create your store right away!
With the help of the eCommerce website builder JoonWeb, you know how to start an online clothing store and can launch an online clothing store in under a minute. Additionally, JoonWeb gives you access to a number of plugins that can help you with marketing, analytics, shop management, and a variety of other tasks.